Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wine Tasting, Open Source & 3 Days

I'll start by saying I usually don't write about my little projects, but I think this one can be really fun if it takes off big. I was looking for an interesting web project and happened on an open source project called Pligg which is a clone of Digg, the more famous news site. Well, I had just visited El Dorado wine country enjoying some fantastic wine tasting and thought, you know - it would be really cool if there was a website where wine tasters could submit reviews of wines they had tasted and then vote and comment on other reviews. Since one and one make two I decided to install and customize Pligg to do just that. So many times I hear people say "What are some good wines?" or "What wine goes well with this or that?". Now you have a place to go to find out. After I set it up I found a website from the Bay doing something similar, but without user ratings. I do have to say, it's not bad for getting it up start to finish in 3 days. Oh - the website, it's called The Wine Vine.

If there are any hackers or painters who would like to work on this project with me let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be interested in Cork'd: http://www.corkd.com/

Tech Tomato said...

the other I found was http://www.vinquire.com